Thursday, February 3, 2011

From The Mouth Of Babes

I was frustrated with my daughter.

BoopaLoop's picture taken by me and then improved by AllThingsBD

She wasn't eating dinner, and I was pretending she was until she hurt her foot messing around in the kitchen. (After spending 30 minutes eating my dinner, I excuse myself, so I don't see the 3-course microwaved meal I slaved over get sneered at.)

My BoopaLoop comes sobbing into the living room where I'm hanging out trying to ignore her. When she falls into my lap, I say, "No! You wouldn't have hurt yourself if you had been listening to me and staying in your chair while eating dinner!!" (Picture flames surrounding my head.)

BoopaLoop continues sobbing as she pathetically scampers to the dining room table.

I shake my head at my Mom who is giving me a strange look.

Soon, I hear the thumping of feet coming from the dining room table. I know it isn't BoopaLoop since I still hear her sobbing at the table.

LittleMan pokes his head around the corner of the kitchen.

LittleMan - "Geez, Mom! At least give her a hug!"

Me - "..."

Me - Contritely "BoopaLoop, would you like a hug?"

I really should have been put on time out.


2 comments:

All Things BD said...

Oooh, don't you just HATE when your children make you realize you're being unreasonable?

For the record: I probably wouldn't have hugged my kid either. Mess with the bull, you get the horns!! :)

Danielle said...

Yeah, same here.

Although, I do have to say, there was one time my brother and I were messing around at bedtime and I ended up cutting the back of my leg on my brass bed, but good. My dad was so fed up that all he did was yell for us to get into bed, "No, I don't care if you hurt yourself, you have messed around and now it is late, get in bed!".

My mother came in to check on me later and before I knew it, I was in the emergency room getting stitched up. My dad felt terrible and still brings it up occasionally. I'm over it, but apparently he isn't.

Doesn't seem to slow me down at all, when trying to get my kids through a meal though! :)