Monday, October 27, 2008

Update on GAS

Update on my gas tank: It is happily full. We were going with my mom to church (and we were late) when I remembered the horror of two nights ago.

Me: "Mom, you remember when I told you that I was riding E the last 4 miles to your house?"

My Mom: Dawning realization, "Oh... yeah."

My mom hate, haTES, HATES to be late anywhere.  I know that Mama DB feels the same way, but she has a good excuse. I think my mom hates being late because she is a very reliable person.

So, now I'm anxious about the empty gas tank and the fact that my mom will arrive late to church. With two kids in tow, I have resigned myself to the fact that it is 50/50 whether we'll arrive on time. My mom was very gracious though.  She told me not to worry about it.

My Mom: "Honey, this kind of thing doesn't bother me. This is out of our control."

Thanks, Mom! But, now we had the other problem of getting the vapor-gas-tank to a station without forcing two well-dressed ladies to push it.

You know what my mother said? She told me that most gas tanks register BELOW THE E before being out of gas!! Here I though it was my dad who told me that, but it was my mother who lead me astray all those years ago. So, AllThingsBD you know who to really blame now. (What was the password again?)

I'm beginning to think my mother was right since we made it another 5 miles to the gas station on the way to church. No problem. So thank you all for your concern and advice. I fully plan to pay attention to my gas gauge from here on out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you filled the tank, and didn't just put $10 in.

Tabitha Blue said...

Haha, glad you made it... and I'm sure your car is happy now that it is fed. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it safely!