I was gifted with this "Honest Scrap" award by my sister-in-law, All Things BD, for numerous reasons... which are... uh... three-fold:
1. Choose... blah, blah, blah... brilliant in content or design
2. Show the... blah,blah, blah... can keep the nifty icon.
3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself
As part of the pay-it-forwardness that are blog awards, I will bestow this award onto fellow bloggers that I believe are worthy of such high prestige.
To Lorraine at Keeps Me Smiling! - whose wit and refreshing honesty about life keeps me smiling when I would normally run away screaming, and she created the MUST HAVE product for children - Busy Kits!
To The Family at Sqwahr - whose love for one another reminds me that there is so much goodness and joy out there that routinely goes unnoticed and unappreciated.
To Angela at My Dogumentary - whose stories make me laugh because I can relate to them so intimately, and whose dogs are the cutest most photogenic canines on the planet.
To DJ at Lavabo in Aquam - whose insight and sarcasm on everyday things helps me to not take it all too seriously.
I thank each of you for your excellent and inspirational contributions to the blogsphere!
Now to address # 3 of the reasons I received this particular award. 10 honest things about myself:
10. I would feel no guilt over hiring a full-time housekeeper and cook. I don't enjoy doing these tasks on a daily basis, so if I could afford not to do them, why should I?
9. I am an awful fictional writer. I have been writing a fictional novel for about 6 years, but every time I go to read what I have written, re-written and added, I'm embarrassed. I must be a masochist since that hasn't stopped me from enjoying the process and foraging ahead.
8. I haven't visited a doctor / dentist / dermatologist or other medical professional (other than the ER for dehydration) in 5 years. I'm not afraid - I just kind of fell out of the habit.
7. I'm appalled at how many people have strong, passionate beliefs but have no clue why they believe that way.
6. I love passionate discussions where tempers may flare.
5. I HATE watching the news. Everyone has a bias and philosophical filter through which all opinions pass, so why not acknowledge those filters rather than wasting my time pointing out every one else's hypocrisy?
4. About once a week I lay on my couch and do nothing more that day than take care of the kids, cook dinner, watch TV, and fiddle around on my computer. It is like a mini-vacation.
3. Nothing angers me more than an injustice. I will go out of my way to right a wrong, even if my child isn't involved. It is a sickness.
2. I regret not having the courage to complete "try-outs" for various events in my life. I practiced and practiced but when the day of "try-outs" came, I would chicken out. I will always look back on those days and think of myself as a coward.
1. No matter how much I might make fun of celebrities, I will always be star-struck when I meet one in person. I have never looked more idiotic than when I've tried to have a conversation with a celebrity. "Golly, I think you're swell!"
Thank you, All Things BD, for the award. I dedicate this award to my mother who is probably the only one who is really interested in reading my 10 truths!