Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Australia?

After a long and dreary, tiring day, I went out to see the movie Australia with a girlfriend of mine. I have just returned, and I have to say I enjoyed it very much.

The movie is directed by the same guy who did Moulin Rouge!, which I also enjoyed, but aside from both movies beginning a little quirky, they otherwise have very little in common. If you are interested in seeing a romance or more specifically Hugh Jackman looking gorgeous, then I highly recommend this movie for a chick-flick viewing.

I will now go to sleep and dream about cows, desert and feeling glad I have a roof over my head.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip-off on the chick flick status of the film. I read that they were trying to make an Australian 'Gone With The Wind', maybe the most famous girlie movie of them all.

At least Michele will be happy.

All Things BD said...

I'm still not convinced. :)

DJ said...

I hadn't heard much about this movie, all I knew is who was starring in it. I've been more into action movies lately though. Although, it does have Hugh Jackman....so it can't be too bad.

Soggibottom said...

Won't bother about this one then ... thanks

Anonymous said...

I never intended to see the movie with my husband, and at least he knows I will enjoy it with my sisters. I'm a romantic and it sounds great to me. I love the escapism of seeing another country, and another way of life, years ago. Guess that's why I love "Gone With The Wind", but why wouldn't you with Clark Gable? Best role he EVER acted in. Thanks for the endorsement, Tiff.